Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The blog awakens...

It has been awhile since my last update.

I was having a crisis of faith trying to figure out what the point was in continuing with the hobby. The cost has gone up dramatically, I am no longer near my old game/hobby group, the idea of getting any games in seemed futile and last but not least life just seemed to be getting in the way. During the last year I had still been visiting hobby sites and reading news. But I just couldn't seem to shake the apathy. After reading several different hobby blogs that were dedicated to just modeling interesting figures without the stress of in game usability (specifically Iron Sleet ) and seeing all these beautiful new GW kits, I started to feel the pulse come back.

I have picked up some bits and my trusty, if somewhat dull, x-acto and started cutting on several projects at once. As a teaser, here is a WIP of my Nurgle aligned Dark Mecanicum Dominus, with a couple of his Festering Embryites;

8 comments:

  1. Easily on par with Iron Sleet. It's great to see you working again. You need to let these monsters out of your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about getting those monsters out! Now I just need to find a wealthy patron of the geek arts to finance this exorcism of monstrous 40k ideas from my head!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (deleted due to it being a repeat of the above comment.)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Well, I am feverishly working on 4 mini's at the moment, with 5 more on the back burner. So there will be at least 9 conversions put up over the next several months.

      I do have a few other ideas floating around in the back of my brain for after those. Inspiration, desire and money willing.

      Delete
  4. I do a little happy dance whenever I see an update on this blog! Quite a return to form with this Fallen Magos -- he's just sooo creepy! And that Nurgling/Cherub-thing on his base is just a brilliant little touch!

    Waiting for the next update with bated breath ;)

    KS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be one soon, going to do some work on a couple of the figs today, including greenstuff work, which I HATE doing. Gotta put some arms on that floating Festering Embryite (what I am calling the Nurgling/Cherub things, backstory on them soon.) fill in some gaps on the Dominus and add a few more bits to him.

      Delete