Saturday, April 18, 2015

maulerfiend, aka; It has legs, I know how to use them

Well, I got the fever again. Like my feelings on the Defiler, I was never happy with the Maulerfiend that GW put out. Looked too much like a He-man toy for my tastes. As soon as I saw the Adeptus Mechanicus Onager Dunecrawler I knew I had found the base for what I wanted. So, I ordered some bits and picked up the Dunecrawler this morning. My idea is to build something that looks like a larger Bloodslaughterer using the front portion of the Maulerfiend torso, the Heldrake arms and the Dunecrawler legs. It should look something like this shitty sketch;
I started filing and cutting on the torso today. Trying to figure out how to fill out that back portion and how the hell to attach the body to the legs;

I will post more WIPs as I go.

Oh, also, I ordered this guy. Of course, I am not going to build him as is, but soon enough I will turn him into something far more foul...;

8 comments:

  1. welcome back brother. I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back brother. I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, your Maulerfiend concept comes very close to what I had in mind for the dune crawler, just with a Daemonic topping (it's a bit small for a Soul Grinder, so I am thinking about going Khorne Khannon).

    So, I'm very interested how your conversion will turn out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too. I do not have a proper hobby space and I have a cat with a tail that is dedicated to Tzeentch, so we will see how this goes.

      Delete
  4. I am sooo looking forward to seeing this model take shape -- but then, you already knew that, didn't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete